What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 02/27/22
- Here are 9 of the best vegetarian meat alternatives to buy, according to nutritionists. Read more.
- Musician and vegan advocate Billie Eilish recently took time out from her current tour to stop by Capitol Hill to lend her support to the Healthy Future Students and Earth Act (H.R.4108). This proposed legislation would, in part, make plant-based school lunches more accessible to students nationwide. Read more.
- California-based startup Prime Roots makes vegan deli meats that can be sliced and shaved to order like animal-based meat products. Read more.
- Meet Anisha Chandra, a third-year biology and society student at UCLA. Known as @upbeetanisha on Instagram, she channels positivity and chronicles her explorations of adapting the traditional Indian recipes she grew up with. Read more.
- One reader’s review of sesame-based milk, purported to be one of the most sustainable plant milks on the market. Read more.