What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/23/22
- VegNews rounds up the top vegan food news stories making headlines this week. Read more.
- Amy’s Kitchen is recalling over 15,000 boxes of the brand’s “Vegan Organic Rice Mac & Cheeze” after the company discovered the lot might contain trace amounts of milk, and could cause serious allergic reactions. Read more.
- Souley Vegan’s Tamearra Dyson and The Veggie’s Adyre Mason recently made Food Network history by competing on the first-ever vegan episode of Beat Bobby Flay. VegNews interviewed the pair about their paths to veganism and their experience on the show. Read more.
- Uk-based violin-maker Padraig O’Dubhlaoidh has registered the world’s first “vegan violin” with The Vegan Society’s official trademark program. O’Dubhlaoidh substituted traditional horse and other animal-based parts with naturally vegan components, such as steamed pears and berries, to make the instrument for a vegan customer. Read more.
- A fascinating recent history of bakahu, aka banana flour, and how its popularity in India during the pandemic might just catapult this gut-healthy and gluten-free flour to the worldwide stage. Read more.