What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/16/22
- Michelle McMacken, a doctor who went vegan in 2007, has been announced as the new New Executive Director of Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine for NYC Health + Hospitals. New York City Mayor Eric Adams, also a vegan, voiced his support. Read more.
- A new study from Brazil that was published in Sports Medicine has found that plant-based protein is just as good as a whey-based protein for building muscle. Read more.
- The Beet rounds up a great list of 14 vegan chefs you should be following on social media. Read more.
- Here are 10 protein-rich vegetarian recipes that use nutritional yeast, (which has been linked to improving your mood!) Read more.
- Betty White, of Golden Girls fame, recently died just short of her 100th birthday. She was known throughout her life for being involved with animal-related causes. Here is a controversial look at what type of “advocacy” White was actually involved with during her lifetime. Read more.