What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 01/09/22
- Harry Bidewell was just 4 when he participated in the UK-based campaign Veganuary last year. The vegan lifestyle stuck and the now 5-year-old has started his own non-profit raising money for various vegan and environmental charities. Read more.
- VegNews rounds up some of the top vegan food news stories making headlines this week. Read more.
- Here are 10 great vegan cookbooks for all sorts of cooking styles and needs. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly or gluten-free option, baking advice, or some California flair, there is a cookbook on the list for you. Read more.
- According to a recent Pew Research Center survey, 8% of Black Americans identify as vegetarian or vegan, compared to just 3% of the general population. An in-depth look into why Black Americans are the fastest-growing vegan demographic in the USA today. Read more.
- Ben & Jerry’s has announced its 20th non-dairy flavor — Bananas Foster. With a sunflower butter base, cinnamon, banana, almond toffee, and a salted caramel core, the flavor will also be exclusive to the non-dairy line. Read more.