What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 12/05/21
- Miyoko’s Creamery recently launched the “Vegan Butter Channel,” a first for streaming platform YouTube. The cooking-themed channel is dedicated to sharing recipes, tips, and techniques for cooking with the brand’s vegan butter. Read more.
- 5-year-old actress Rylea Nevaeh Whittet, star of Netflix recent hit show Maid, is a vegan in real life. The Beet investigates how the show’s cast and crew adapted to the pint-sized star’s dietary requirements while filming. Read more.
- Powerlifter Sahyuri Lalime has won the national title for a female lifter in Belgium for the fourth year in a row. Lalime, a vegetarian for almost 20 years and a vegan since 2015, credits her plant-based lifestyle for her success. Read more.
- A University of Leeds-based study that examined the carbon footprints of about 3,000 foods has found that non-vegetarians produce about 60% more greenhouse gas emissions than their vegetarian counterparts. Read more.
- Vegan gourmet bakery Cinnaholic has announced plans to open a third NJ location, bringing the bakery’s total franchises to nearly 60 throughout North America. The new location is slated to open sometime in early 2022 in Metuchen and will join current NJ spots in Westfield and Sea Girt. Read more.