What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 10/17/21
- Hispanic Heritage Month may have ended on 10/15, but BuzzFeed has rounded up 17 great plant-based recipes to celebrate Latinx heritage all year long. Read more.
- World-famous culinary school Le Cordon Bleu is launching its first vegan pastry class this November. Read more.
- Freya Cox is the first vegan baker to appear on the reality competition show “The Great British Bake Off.” In a recent episode, the chef was required to use animal-based ingredients for a technical challenge. The show has been criticized by vegan activists and the baker herself has recently apologized. Read more.
- Miyoko’s Creamery has partnered with Seattle-based ice cream brand Frankie & Jo to develop Miyoko’s first vegan ice cream flavor — Butter Toffee & Chocolate. It will be available for shipment nationwide until November. Read more.
- Actress Amber Nash, known for voicing Pam Poovey in the adult animated series Archer, is also a vegan. In this interview, Nash chats about her favorite vegan eats in Atlanta, the best way to use JUST eggs, and what it is really like on a voiceover set. Read more.