What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 09/19/21
- Local news station 6ABC investigates some of the best of Philadelphia’s veg-friendly fare. Read more.
- The European Parliament has adopted a resolution that will eventually phase out an approximate 10 million animals used in lab testing across the continent. Read more.
- GreenBay, a food market in South London that claims to be the first brick-and-mortar vegan supermarket in the UK, recently celebrated both its fifth year in business and selling its 500,000th product. The founders estimate they have served 50,000 customers since opening. Read more.
- VegOut magazine has rounded up a list of the 30 vegan pumpkin-flavored products you just have to try this fall. Read more.
- Hershey’s released a new “Oat Made” line of vegan chocolate bars. Two flavors are currently available: classic dark and extra creamy almond sea salt. The chocolate company is currently testing the bars in a limited number of stores, which will hopefully lead to a national launch. Read more.