We’re not exaggerating when we say this is the best chocolate dessert you will ever make, the crispy nutty base combined with the rich and creamy ganache filling is just heavenly.
- 250 ml Organic coconut cream
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or essence – or 2 tbsp orange essence for a choc orange version
- 100g bar vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 cups organic walnuts
- 10 large medjool dates
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 2 tbsp buckwheat groats
- Pinch sea salt
- Firstly break up the chocolate & add to a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut cream, coconut oil, maple syrup & vanilla in a saucepan until just before boiling. Stir constantly.
- Pour the mix over the chocolate and leave for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Fold in the raw cacao and stir gently so that everything is combined. Pop in the fridge while you make the base.
For the base
- To make the base blitz the walnuts in your food processor until you get a crumb like consistency. Add in the dates, cacao, buckwheat, and salt and blend again until everything combines. The mix should stick together between your fingers.
- Add the mixture to your a pie tin. (I used a 8 inch loose bottom pie tin greased with some coconut oil). Press down firmly with you hands – press up the sides.
- Remove the ganache from the fridge and pour onto the base. Transfer back to your fridge and allow to set from at least 2- 3hrs. Test to see if it’s set.
- Serve with blueberries and banana ice cream.
This recipe was republished with permission from Rebel Recipes.
Like this recipe? You can purchase Niki’s vegan cookbook Rebel Recipes.
Niki named her blog Rebel Recipes, because it’s all about non-conformity. ‘There are unwritten rules that say indulgent food is bad for you and healthy food is boring’. As a passionate foodie, she refuses to accept that this had to be the case.
Posted on Plant Based News