(Makes 1 dozen)
The subtle hint of lemon gives these classic muffins a nice twist.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ teaspoons egg replacer dissolved in 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup organic florida crystals
- One 6-ounce container lemon soy yogurt
- ¼ cup soymilk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine the egg replacer, sweetener, yogurt, soymilk, juice, and zest. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Stir together vigorously until smoothly combined. Gently stir in the blueberries.
Divide the batter among 12 oiled or paper-lined muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin tests clean.
|Total calories per serving: 123||Fat: 1 gram|
|Carbohydrates: 27 grams||Protein: 3 grams|
|Sodium: 139 milligrams||Fiber: 3 grams|
Recipe from the Vegetarian Resource Group