This recipe won 2nd place at our Vegan Cookie Contest Dec 9, 2019
Congratulations Carol Suboleski
1½ cup steel cut oats (divided)
¼ cup + 2 T melted coconut oil
1 cup oat flour
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ cup pure maple syrup
½ tsp baking soda
3 T egg replacer mixed with 2 T water
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use oil to grease 2 cookie sheets.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of oats, the oat flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, egg replacer, and vanilla. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the rest of the oats and the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 T of cookie dough onto the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Using a flat spatula, carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container when completely cool.
adapted from this original recipe: beamingbaker