What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 06/05/22
- National Public Radio investigates the growing popularity of vegan ice cream. Read more.
- JBS Foods, the world’s largest beef company, will soon be selling vegan bacon. Made in collaboration with the company’s Planterra Foods brand, the recipe includes rice flour, pea protein, and a proprietary blend of plant-based oils to replicate animal-based bacon’s fattiness and flavors. Read more.
- The Beet rounds up a list of 10 celebrities who are showing their commitment to sustainability by investing in vegan and cruelty-free beauty brands. Read more.
- VegNews rounds up the best vegan food news of the week. Read more.
- Two southeastern Pennsylvania eateries have made it onto VegNews‘ “19 Best Vegan Doughnuts in the US You Have to Try” list. Philadelphia-based Dotties Donuts’ Boston Cream flavor and Bethlehem-based Vegan Treats’ Chicken and Waffles donut were ranked at 9 and 11, respectively. Road trip, anyone? Read more.
Add a Comment