What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 03/20/22
- VegNews rounds up the top vegan food news stories making headlines this week. Read more.
- Miyoko’s Creamery is introducing vegan cottage cheese made from watermelon seeds. Read more.
- PETA reports on all the best vegan products showcased at Natural Products Expo West, an annual trade show where companies, including Gardein, Miyoko’s Creamery, and Violife, debut new products. Read more.
- Boston-based startup Tender Food recently raised $12 million in investments to make realistic whole-muscle vegan meat, including pulled pork. Actress and vegan activist Natalie Portman participated in the campaign. Read more.
- Meet Samuel March, a UK-based barrister who is disrupting the centuries-long tradition of barristers wearing wigs made with horsehair. He recently wore a hemp-based, vegan-friendly wig to court, and is hoping the trend will catch on. Read more.