What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 08/15/21
- The founders of vegan chicken brand VFC on why they have banned the word “plant-based” in their promotion in favor of “vegan,” which aligns more with the company’s mission and values. Read more.
- Rapper Post Malone and professional soccer player Kieran Gibbs are among the celebrities who recently pledged a total $2.3 million investment to vegan protein company Actual Veggies, which makes burgers out of vegetables, grains, and a signature spice blend. Read more.
- In a recent interview, Sepultura frontman Derrick Green, who went vegetarian at 15, shared his observations on the rise of veganism within the heavy metal community. Read more.
- Professional British cyclist Cameron Jeffers recently went plant-based for one month to chart how a vegan diet would affect his wellbeing and athletic performance. He reports his iron levels increased by over 75%, and his cholesterol also improved. Read more.
- Two local vegan restaurants are among those recently added to the Vegetarian Resource Group’s Guide to Veggie Restaurants in the USA and Canada. Earthly Cafe is in Somers Point, and Vegan 15 has locations in both Egg Harbor Township and Philadelphia. Read more.