What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 08/01/21
- Kraft Heinz recently released a vegan and gluten-free version of its iconic Mac & Cheese in Australia. Here’s to hoping it will eventually be available stateside! Read more.
- Plant-based food company Alpha Foods is lowering the cost of its signature vegan chicken nuggets to encourage people to try a vegan chicken alternative while chicken prices continue to rise. The company has promised to cut its own products’ cost by every cent that the price of conventional chicken goes up. Read more.
- A personal essay by a Black vegan woman on her evolving views on dating meat-eaters. Read more.
- Swedish brand DUG has added a new vegan milk into the mix. Currently available in Europe, the potato-based milk offers impressive sustainability metrics. It uses half of the land required to grow oats and 56 times less water than almonds—two of the most common crops used to produce plant-based milk. Read more.
- Vegan chain By CHLOE will officially rebrand as Beatnic. The popular chain will maintain a fully vegan menu and transition branding to a new Beat Generation-inspired logo, packaging, and messaging later this year. Read more.