What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 07/11/21
- DeAndre Jordan has a passion for veganism. He is launching Cooking Clean, a cooking show that will pair the NBA player with a professional chef to cook delicious recipes and discuss the nutritional benefits of plant-based diets. Read more.
- California-based vegan bakery chain Cinnaholic is rolling out plans to double in size, with over 60 new locations in development, including one in Sea Girt, NJ. Read more.
- VegNews has rounded up all the best places to get your vegan ice cream fix this summer. Read more.
- The European Commission is slated to introduce legislation to ban the use of cages in animal agriculture. If passed, the ban would be introduced by the end of 2023, with an aim to phase out all cages for farmed animals by 2027. Read more.
- In Lebanon, meat prices are soaring, and an increasing number of Lebanese people are taking up veganism out of necessity. Read more.