What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 05/09/21
- The first Black certified Master Chef, Daryl Shular, has teamed up with vegan brand Meatless Farm to incorporate vegan cooking techniques into his Atlanta-based culinary school, Shular Institute. Read more.
- The editorial team behind Condé Nast’s popular online food publication Epicurious has announced it will no longer feature beef. The editors revealed that beef articles were actually phased out six months ago, and they are only now calling attention to it. Read more.
- Hail Seitan! Meet Brian Manowitz, host of the “Vegan Black Metal Chef” show on YouTube. “I’m passionate about vegan food and I’m passionate about the metal.” Read more.
- Calling all anime fans! Here is a list of 10 anime characters you didn’t know were vegan. Read more.
- UK-based co-op the Co-operative Group has slashed the price it charges for plant-based meat. This is part of an effort to encourage customers to purchase mock meat without the “unfair” pricing of vegan food, as well as the group’s overall quest for net zero emissions. Read more.