What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 02/28/21
- In the mood for vegan mac and cheese? The Philadelphia Inquirer investigates all the best options available right here in Philly. Read more.
- Nestlé has announced plans to launch a vegan KitKat bar. Vegan professor and lecturer Dr. Alex Lockwood considers the ethics involved in supporting Nestlé. Read more.
- Colorado governor Jared Polis has declared a statewide meat-free holiday in an effort to help Coloradans ditch animal products. “MeatOut Day” will be celebrated on March 20, and is associated with FARM’s MeatOut initiative. Read more.
- An interview with vegan actor/writer/producer James Roday Rodriguez, in which he shares his hopes for a plant-based future. He also credits long-time friend and activist Alicia Silverstone for his going vegan: “she really sort of laid it out there for me in a way that made it inconceivable to do anything else.” Read more.
- Vegan beauty brand Dear Dahlia has released a new foundation in 35 different shades. The product was in the works for two years, and is enriched with “certified skin-nourishing ingredients, including shea butter, cacao seed butter, sweet almond oil, and argan oil.” Read more.