What’s Going on in the Plant-Based World – Week of 09/20/20
- An ad about veganism that aired during the recent season finale of “Survivor Israel” is estimated to have been viewed by one-third of the country’s population. The ad was produced by Israel-based charity Vegan Friendly. Read more.
- Haile Thomas’s new cookbook is not only vegan but a call to action. Thomas, now 19, founded the non-profit HAPPY when she was 12 to address the need for affordable plant-based nutrition in underserved communities. Read more.
- Actor and long-time activist James Cromwell, who famously became a vegan in the mid-1990s while working on the film Babe, is teaming up with PETA to ask the makers of marshmallow Peeps to switch to vegan gelatin in the popular treats. Read more.
- Upton’s Naturals has filed a lawsuit in Oklahoma over a new labelling law set to go into effect in November that targets vegan companies. The law, sponsored by the Oklahoma Cattlemen’s Association, requires manufactures to make words like “meat substitute” more prominent to supposedly end customer confusion. Read more.
- Road Trip across the Delaware, anyone? Check out these 4 new vegan ventures that have recently opened in Philadelphia! Read more.