Join our mailing list to receive the latest announcements,
schedule changes and programs sponsored by other vegetarian groups.
To add your name to the list you have to join our group,
"Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey" hosted by Yahoo.com.
As a Yahoo! Group member you will also have access to our Calendar
listing upcoming events.
VSSJ has hosted some exciting activities, including a volunteer day at The Cow Sanctuary, where VSSJ provided a free
lunch for all participants.
We hope you will venture out and join us at one of our upcoming activities. You can
view our current Calendar of Events. Visit
us on Facebook to see some photos of our
events and to connect with other like-minded people. You can sign up for our email list
to receive notification of our events and other information. And, visit our
Veggie Dining Blog.
All VSSJ members are welcome to attend monthly business meetings where we plan upcoming
events. For more info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Janet at
VSSJ NEEDS YOU!
There are many different ways you can contribute - please see the list below (note
that help for some of these may not be needed at any given time). You can
even volunteer for several of these opportunities virtually! If you'd like
to help with any of these, or have an idea for something else you'd like to
volunteer for, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).
If you want to get more involved and just can't find the time, you can support VSSJ
without it costing you time or money! Visit our
Affiliates page and use the links there to
do your online shopping at hundreds of sites, including many major retailers such
as Amazon.com - at no extra cost to you. GoodShop, iGive, and several other
sites will give VSSJ a small percentage of your purchase price. You can use
GoodSearch as your search engine (it uses Yahoo's search engine) and for every
search, VSSJ will receive a penny - this may not seem like much, but think about
how many searches you do in a week.
- Emailing members: Send out periodic messages to VSSJ
- Outreach: Help educate the public on the benefits of
- Tabling: Hand out literature and speak to people at festivals
and other venues
- Coordination: Help coordinate our outreach, volunteer, and
social activities, including organizing and running VSSJ chapters. Our
chapters include Vegetarian Neighbors (Vineland area) and another in the
Atlantic City area. We're also trying to start an Ocean County chapter,
and maybe more!
- Displays: Help set up tables for displaying VSSJ and
vegetarian/vegan literature at libraries and other locations
- Hospitality: Give a helping hand to VSSJ members in need
- Distribute Postcards/Business cards: Place VSSJ postcards in
health food stores, veg-friendly restaurants, and other places
- Volunteer Workdays: Help animals at places like The Cow Sanctuary and Unexpected Wildlife Refuge
- Potluck Assistance: Help set up, run, and clean up at VSSJ
- Bake Sales: Bake vegan desserts for fundraisers to support
various animal welfare and environmental organizations and charities.
VSSJ has raised hundreds of dollars a year since 2011! View our fundraising efforts so far.
- Soliciting Member Discounts: Talk to restaurant owners
and other vendors to solicit discounts for VSSJ members
- Obtaining Coupons: Contact companies to request discount
coupons for veg-friendly products for VSSJ members
- Affiliates: Help find new affiliates and other ways to
earn money for VSSJ, so we can fund VSSJ's outreach activities
- Organizing Restaurant Trips: Organize a trip to a veg or
veg-friendly restaurant - especially if you are outside the Philly
- Restaurant Reviews: Suggest a vegan, vegetarian, or
veg-friendly restaurant, or write about your recent dining experience
- Blogging: Besides dining reviews, contribute to VSSJ's blog on other relevant topics
- Data Entry: Help us transfer the VSSJ and njveg.com dining guides to a new
format in the VSSJ Veggie Dining Blog or a
- Website Assistance: Help re-design VSSJ's
- Crosslinking: Get VSSJ listed on other websites
- Facebook: Keep VSSJ Facebook group members
updated on upcoming VSSJ events and other useful info, or just participate
in discussions on an array of topics
- Tweeting: Tweet
- Google+: Keep
updated on upcoming VSSJ events
- Other Social Media: Get VSSJ set up on other social media
sites and post about the group
- Have an idea? Is there something else you'd like to
volunteer for? Please let us know!
Page last update:
January 18, 2015