VSSJ has hosted some exciting activities, including a volunteer day at The Cow Sanctuary, where VSSJ provided a free
lunch for all participants.
We hope you will venture out and join us at one of our upcoming activities. You can
view our current Calendar of Events. Visit
us on Facebook to see some photos of
our events and to connect with other like-minded people. You can sign up for our email list
to receive notification of our events and other information. And, visit our
Veggie Dining Blog.
All VSSJ members are welcome to attend monthly business meetings where we plan upcoming
events. For more info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-848-8341.
Benefits to volunteering with VSSJ, or becoming a life member
The satisfaction of working with an organization that shares your ideals
Access to limited-admission events
Limited special offers
VSSJ NEEDS YOU!
There are many different ways you can contribute - please see the list below (note
that help for some of these may not be needed at any given time). You can
even volunteer for several of these opportunities virtually! If you'd like
to help with any of these, or have an idea for something else you'd like to
volunteer for, please contact us at email@example.com or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).
If you want to get more involved and just can't find the time, you can support VSSJ
without it costing you time or money! Visit our
Affiliates page and use the links there to
do your online shopping - at no extra cost to you. Several sites will give
VSSJ a small percentage of your purchase price. You can also do online
searching at Goodsearch, and earn VSSJ a donation with every click!
To volunteer, click this button:
- Shop! Goodshop lists the best
deals at thousands of stores ranging from Vistaprint promo codes Apple deals
and 1-800 Flowers coupons, and a portion of what you spend will go directly back to
the Vegetarian Society of South Jersey. Please be sure to check that VSSJ
is set as your charity. View instructions here.
- Search! Use Goodsearch as your search
engine (it uses Yahoo's search engine) and for every search, VSSJ will receive a
penny. This may not seem like much, but think about how many searches
you do in a week! Please be sure to check that VSSJ is set as your
charity. View instructions
- Emailing members: Send out welcome emails, renewal notes,
and periodic messages to VSSJ
- Calling members: Make a monthly call to members lacking
email to inform them of upcoming events
- Volunteer Coordination: Help coordinate our outreach and
- Outreach/Tabling: Help educate the public on the benefits of
vegetarianism by handing out literature and speaking to people at festivals and
- Outreach Planning: Help find libraries, festivals, and other
venues for outreach, especially outside the Philly suburbs, and find speakers,
films, etc. for the venues
- Displays: Help plan and set up tables for displaying VSSJ
and vegetarian/vegan literature at libraries and other locations
- Chapter Coordination: Help organize and run VSSJ chapters.
Our chapters include Vegetarian Neighbors (Vineland area) and Shore
Vegetarians (Atlantic City area). We're also looking to start an
Ocean County chapter, and maybe more!
- Hospitality: Give a helping hand to VSSJ members in need
- Distribute Postcards/Business cards: Place VSSJ postcards in
health food stores, veg-friendly restaurants, and other places
- Volunteer Workdays: Help animals at places like The Cow Sanctuary and Unexpected Wildlife Refuge
- Potluck Assistance: Help set up, run, and clean up at VSSJ
- Bake Sales: Bake vegan desserts for fundraisers to support
various animal welfare and environmental organizations and charities.
VSSJ has raised hundreds of dollars every year since 2011! View our fundraising efforts so far.
- Soliciting Member Discounts: Talk to restaurant owners
and other vendors to solicit discounts for VSSJ members
- Obtaining Coupons: Contact companies to request discount
coupons for veg-friendly products for VSSJ members
- Affiliates: Help find new affiliates and other ways to earn
money for VSSJ, so we can fund VSSJ's outreach activities
- Organizing Restaurant Trips: Organize a trip to a veg or
veg-friendly restaurant - especially if you are outside the Philly
- Restaurant Reviews: Suggest a vegan, vegetarian, or
veg-friendly restaurant, or write about your recent dining experience
- Blogging: Besides dining reviews, contribute to VSSJ's blog on other relevant topics
- Data Entry: Help us transfer the VSSJ and njveg.com dining guides to a new
format in the VSSJ Veggie Dining Blog or a
- Website Assistance: Help re-design and modernize
VSSJ's website, and update the site's content
- Crosslinking: Get VSSJ listed on other websites
- Facebook: Keep VSSJ Facebook group
members updated on upcoming VSSJ events and other useful info, post
pictures, or just participate in discussions on an array of topics
- Tweeting: Tweet
- Google+: Keep
updated on upcoming VSSJ events
- Other Social Media: Get VSSJ set up on other social media
sites and post about the group
- Activity Development: Come up with contests, games, etc.
(especially for children) for our outreach and social activities
- Have an idea? Is there something else you'd like to
volunteer for? Please let us know!