Join our mailing list to receive the latest announcements,
schedule changes and programs sponsored by other vegetarian groups.
To add your name to the list you have to join our group,
"Vegetarian-Society-of-South-Jersey" hosted by Yahoo.com.
As a Yahoo! Group member you will also have access to our Calendar
listing upcoming events.
VSSJ has been hosting some exciting activities, including a volunteer day at The Cow
Sanctuary, where VSSJ provided a free lunch for all participants.
We hope you will venture out and join us at one of our upcoming activities. You can
view our current Calendar of Events. Visit
us on Facebook to see some photos of our
events and to connect with other like-minded people. You can sign up for our free
to receive notification of our events and other information. And, visit our
Veggie Dining Blog.
You're also welcome to attend monthly VSSJ Business meetings where we plan upcoming events.
For more info on these, please contact email@example.com
VSSJ NEEDS YOU!
There are many different ways you can contribute - please see the list below. If
you'd like to help with any of these, or have an idea for something else you'd like to
volunteer for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-848-VEG1 (8341).
If you want to get more involved and just can't find the time, you can help support
VSSJ without it costing you time or money! Visit our
Affiliates page and click on any of our
affiliates to do your online shopping at no extra cost to you. Amazon.com,
GoodShop, GoodDining, and several other sites will give VSSJ a small percentage of
your purchase price. You can use GoodSearch as your search engine (it uses
Yahoo's search engine) and for every search, VSSJ will receive a penny - this may not
sound like much, but think about how many searches you do in a week.
- Emailing members: Send out periodic messages to VSSJ email
subscribers, including notification that their membership renewal is due
- Outreach: Help educate the public on the benefits of
- Tabling: Hand out literature and speak to people at Whole
Foods and other venues
- Coordination: Help coordinate our outreach, volunteer, and
- Displays: Help set up tables for displaying VSSJ and
vegetarian/vegan literature at libraries and other locations
- Hospitality: Give a helping hand to VSSJ members in need
- Distribute Postcards: Place VSSJ postcards in health
food stores, veg-friendly restaurants, and other places
- Volunteer Workdays: Help animals at places like
The Cow Sanctuary and Unexpected Wildlife Refuge
- Potluck Assistance: Help set up, run, and clean up at VSSJ
- Bake Sales: Bake vegan desserts for fundraisers to support
various animal welfare and environmental organizations and charities.
VSSJ has raised hundreds of dollars since March, 2011! View our fundraising efforts so far.
- Soliciting Member Discounts: Talk to restaurant owners
and other vendors to solicit discounts for VSSJ members
- Obtaining Coupons: Contact companies to request discount
coupons for VSSJ members
- Affiliates: Help find new affiliates and other ways to
earn money for VSSJ, so we can fund VSSJ's outreach activities
- Organizing Restaurant Trips: Organize a trip to a veg or
veg-friendly restaurant - especially if you are outside the Philly
- Restaurant Reviews: Suggest a vegan, vegetarian, or
veg-friendly restaurant, or write about your recent dining experience
- Blogging: Besides dining reviews, contribute to VSSJ's blog
on other relevant topics
- Data Entry: Help us transfer VSSJ's and njveg.com's
dining guides to a new format in the VSSJ Veggie Dining Blog
- Website assistance: Help re-design VSSJ's website
- Crosslinking: Get VSSJ listed on other websites
- Facebook Entries: Keep VSSJ Facebook group members posted on
upcoming VSSJ events and other useful info, or just participate in
discussions on an array of topics
- Tweeting: Tweet about VSSJ
- Have an idea? Is there something else you'd like to
volunteer for? Please let us know!
Page last update:
October 14, 2013